Tuesday 11 May 2010

Hanne Bloch - Evenings at Wild Swans

A quick reminder ..

Hanne is at Wild Swans this week.




ISLINGTON - Thursday 12th May - 6.30-9 pm
CHISWICK - Thursday 13th May - 6.30-9 pm
MILL HILL - Wednesday 13th May - 1-4 pm


Here is a brief Interview / Q&A .. that we did with Hanne last week.

I grew up in a very small town Jelling, Denamrk, on a farm. My mother was educated in making patterns and actually worked and managed a factory, before having five children. She was very artistic and always "ahead" in the little town she also had a very good taste for fashion and interior. I often made my own clothes, but never thought I would go into fashion.

In fact I trained to be a cardiac nurse. Beside, working as a nurse I had my own shop dressmaking for other people. After I lost my sister, this made me think of my life and what I really wanted to do. So I decided to go into fashion and moved to Italy joining a fashion school L'accademia Internationale d ‘Alta Moda e d'Arte del costume Koefia.


What do your family do – are they involved in the business? As much as they can, both my two children Olivia (16), Victor (18) who is off to the US for his university education and my husband Frank.

What has been your career highlight so far? Working 20 years for Missoni and then in 2007 venturing on my own.

Who do you see wearing your clothes? A woman with character, who has her own sense of style.




What are your key pieces this season from the collection? Golden knit inspired from the Turkish hamam, the real water snake bikini which is soft and "adapted" to water. Plus my kaleidoscope print, this is developed from scratch.

Where do you look for inspiration when you’re designing a collection? Nothing specific, I do look a lot in the magazines, it makes me brainstorm and develop ideas.

Do you have any plans to extend the range? No, the focus is one collection each year so far, but I’m sure this will change.




Who is your favorite designer? I don't have any one favorite designer; I like to take my look from many designers.

If you weren’t working in fashion, what would be your dream job? Don’t know - I love interior design, so maybe that?

Which is your favorite shop? I have always liked Corso Como 10 in Milan; it is beautiful interior and has a good selection of other things than the typical “IT” things.



Strong flash photography, colourized.

No comments:

Post a Comment