Tuesday 8 June 2010

Naja Lauf - Interview Series

Naja is an Award winning Danish designer at the forefront of Danish fashion design, across Europe.


Here are a few words from a brief interview we did with her.

' I grew up by the sea in Klampenborg which is north of Copenhagen and I can see Sweden across the water.

I was always interested in fashion growing up, as I got to my teenage years I was very interested and took a note of all the trends. I used to knit and sew all my clothes and made accessories out of leather and beads.

I don’t take fashion too seriously; I make my clothes simple and wearable. I’m always looking for new ways of putting together the clothes and the range but still reflecting international trends.




My family have been very supportive and guide me but they don’t have a day to day role within the company.

My biggest influences have been the strong Danish fashion industry, looking at how it has become strong in the market place. This gave me the courage to build my brand.


I admire Fillipa K from Sweden for her constancy and brand development but also Malene Birger for her marketing and professionalism. I also adore Coco Chanel for her simple, sexy and gorgeous designs. Although I’m Nordic I see myself as a Francophile, and it’s the main reason I did my design course in Paris.


My cardigans are always popular as they can update any look immediately.


http://www.wild-swans.com/product/1508


My clothes don’t have an age group they are bought by people who are looking for quality and beauty but also want something sleek and modern in a simple way.

I find inspiration everywhere I’m always sketching and looking around for ideas. I love Dover Street Market in Mayfair as it’s packed with ideas and designs.

If I hadn’t been in fashion ...
I think I would have been either a rock star or helicopter pilot'.

Here are some Scarves from Naja..



No comments:

Post a Comment